Short History of Massey Ferguson

In 1953 Massey-Harris and Harry Ferguson merged to form Massey-Harris-Ferguson Limited. The combined company would do battle with Ford for many years over dominance of the farm tractors industry, eventually outpacing Ford in terms of sales. In 1958 the company acquired F. Perkins Ltd of England who was the leading diesel engine producer at that time.

Starting in 1957, and completed by 1958, new models used the Massey Ferguson tractors name in place of Ferguson and Massey-Harris. The MF 25, MF 35, MF 65, and MF 85 were rolled out in the late 1950’s. The MF-35 was first built in 1960 and was available in a gas or diesel version. From this point on a wide range of models, with their numbers suggesting their relative power and placement in the product line were launched, with a variety of MF 90’s offered for the large farm equipment market.

Both the curved hanger and bent shaft units were produced and used by many tractor manufacturers. Both umbrellas feature yellow dichromate zinc plated tubular steel frame provides a corrosion resistant, durable finish. No painted parts.

Recently we have had many requests for the 40-inch 3 Bow Buggy style sunshade. The sturdy design features easy installation on tractors using home made, fender style or axle mounted brackets. Heavy gauge steel components withstand rugged field use and strong winds.

Learn more at Massey Ferguson’s own website

Massey Ferguson Authorized

Bridgewater Sales & Service begin as a Massey Ferguson Heritage Line Authorized Repair Facility servicing tractor form 1940 to 1996 is our specialty. We have grown to service all makes and models. We also carry a full line of gaskets, belts, fittings and everything in between. If we don’t have it, we’ll get it usually within a day or two.

If you need it done right, do the Bridgewater Way – Bridgewater Sales & Service is an Authorized Repair Facility

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

bridgewater sale and service img (1)